Aureum Diagnostics is a young, ambitious and dynamic company with an exciting future ahead of us. We are actively expanding our R&D, quality and operational teams and are looking for committed, enthusiastic and appropriately experienced individuals to join us. We are always interested in hearing from candidates with relevant industry experience.
Research & Development Technical Project Manager
Aureum Diagnostics is an exciting and innovative medical diagnostics company engaged in the design, development and commercialisation of game changing, low-cost electrochemical diagnostic sensor platforms. Based on the company’s proprietary technology, our platforms employ leading edge high sensitivity detection and assay techniques to enable to enable rapid “sample to result” detection of a wide range of medically important biomarkers.
The role – Research & Development Technical Project Manager
An experienced Technical Project Manager, you will lead one of the company’s core product development projects, support the Director of Product Development in spearheading the next major phase of product development, help drive company growth and be responsible for meeting technical and project goals on time and on budget.
You will have an exciting, challenging and dynamic technical project management role. You will be responsible for undertaking and managing all elements of product development within your project, your duties and responsibilities including;
- Assuming ownership for full life-cycle product and technology development
- Taking responsibility for all project management and project planning activities
- Having line management responsibility for all project team members
- Undertaking, leading and managing product design and development from current status through all stages to manufacturing and scale-up and product launch
- Taking responsibility for Product life cycle management strategy, including identification of areas for incremental improvement
- Key Relationship development with commercial partners and external project sub-contractors
- Ensure project activities remain in line with the organisational strategic plan by maintaining close attention to fine experiment details
- Recruitment, mentoring and development of the project team
- Work cross–departmentally to ensure products come to market in a timely and cost-effective manner
Educated to min Bachelor’s, ideally Master’s, degree level in a life sciences discipline, you will have demonstrated success across the full product lifecycle, creating and implementing product plans and leading product development through design, proto-typing, product launch, scale-up and commercialisation.
As a “hands-on” Technical Project Manager, you will possess an in-depth working knowledge of high performance diagnostic device and assay development, from concept to manufacture. You will have first class team-working and management skills, be an excellent relationship builder and have demonstrable experience in a fast-paced research and development environment.
In conjunction with affording a genuine opportunity to play a key role in the development and commercialisation of Aureum’s transformational product and technology platforms you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and package.
For further details, call Ian Grant, Director, Eden Scott on 07584 676 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Role – Research Scientist – Biosensors and Surface Science
The Research Scientist will support the Chief Scientific Officer with an ambitious and fast paced research programme to convert cutting edge electrochemical measurement techniques developed in the academic environment into productisable formats. It will be your job to first develop robust electrochemical assay technologies and then work with the product development experts within the company to ensure smooth technology transfer. The candidate will be employed by Aureum Diagnostics but will be seconded into the laboratory of Professor Damion Corrigan in the Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Strathclyde.
Research Scientist duties and responsibilities:
The Research Scientist will have a broad and varied remit including but not restricted to:
- Designing experiments and leading projects to develop robust and reproducible electrochemical measurements relevant to point of care.
- Utilising surface characterisation and analytical chemistry equipment within the University of Strathclyde to develop robust surface conjugation approaches.
- Generating new SOPs.
- Creating and maintaining quality documents and reports.
- Updating the company leadership team on project progress.
- Leading the transfer of technology from the University environment into the company R&D environment.
- Engaging in original thinking to drive product innovation and IP generation.
Research Scientist qualification, skills and experience:
The Research Scientist will need a background in advanced biosensor development and/or surface science:
- PhD or equivalent industrial experience in electrochemical biosensor development, ideally covering: electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), amperometry, voltammetric methods, self-assembled monolayer (SAM) formation and interrogation.
- Experience of biofunctionalisation of surfaces, e.g. antibody or nucleic acid functionlisation of and conjugation to electrode surfaces.
- Experience of complementary surface analysis techniques such as: Raman and infrared spectroscopy, atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, fluorescence microscopy.
- Proven ability to write high quality reports and prepare and deliver presentations.
- Evidence of analytical and logical thinking.
- Ability to work successfully as part of an interdisciplinary team.
In the first instance this will be a fixed term appointment for 12 months. Depending on project progress and the strategic needs of the business there may be potential for continuation.
Starting salary will be in the £30-35k per annum range. Contact tessa.ogle@AureumDX.com
Over the next 6 months Aureum will be recruiting for a range of roles. We’re always looking for dynamic and engaged people to join our team – just because a role isn’t advertised on our website doesn’t mean that we don’t want to hear from you. We challenge you to bring passion and ingenuity into the application process and apply now.
Apply to Tessa Ogle at: careers@AureumDX.com